Heating & Air Conditioning Services for Worthington, OH
Worthington, OH is a city in the Columbus metro area that is tucked just into the I-270 loop on the north end of Columbus and extends north to about the Polaris shopping area.
It’s also right next door to the Fire & Ice offices. We’ve installed, repaired and tuned up thousands of Worthington HVAC systems in our nearly two decades of operations, and have various employees who call Worthington their home.
We want to be your trusted HVAC company. To achieve that, we adhere to several industry-best practices that provide the most value for you, our neighbors and customers.
Air Duct Cleaning for Worthington, OH
Dirty air ducts are a leading cause of several problems faced by homeowners. Dust, dirt, mold, odors, allergens, and other irritants can make indoor air unhealthy. Clean air ducts can help remedy this. In addition, your HVAC system will run longer and more efficiently with clean air ducts.
We offer air duct cleaning in Worthington, OH. To get started, click on the button below.
Air Conditioning Contractor
Fire & Ice installs and services thousands of air conditioners every year. To ensure that we are the premier contractor in Central Ohio, we take all the steps necessary to ensure that your project is done right the first time.
What does this mean for you, though? Our process includes a number of items that will go above and beyond other HVAC companies that serve Worthington:
- Our sales representatives will never use pushy sales tactics. We want to prove our value to you by helping you to find the best solution for your home. Your success and happiness is our own, so we never come in just trying to sell you the most expensive option. In fact, we’ll always be honest when a more budget-conscious option will be the best solution for you.
- We perform Manual J load calculations, which most contractors don’t. This involves not just the square footage of your home, but calculations involving the number and size of your windows, as well as the quality of your insulation, windows, and orientation toward the sun. All of this can significantly alter what we’ll recommend as the ideal size and type of system for your home.
- Our installation process is top-notch. We commission every piece of equipment installedinstalled to make sure it’s operating to manufacturer specifications. This step is often skipped by other companies, and can result in decreased efficiency and lowered lifespan for your system.
- Instead of disappearing after the sale, we’ll follow up with you to make sure everything is operating properly and that all your questions have been answered. Additionally, we’ll stay in touch as a resource to provide service and support as needed for your system.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, but each is indicative of our commitment to excellence and quality for Worthington homeowners.
Furnace and Heat Pump Services
Winters in Ohio are cold, and a quality furnace and/or heat pump can be the difference between a happy, comfortable winter and an uncomfortably cold one.
We’re experts in tuning up existing systems or upgrading yours to exceed your expectations for winter comfort. Among the other types of problems that a new HVAC system can correct:
- Dry air. Modulating furnaces can reduce dryness, and whole-home humidifiers can solve a whole host of problems associated with low humidity, including coughing, prolonged flu season, dry skin, and creaky or cracking floorboards.
- Cold spots. If you have a room that can’t stay warm, do you know what the underlying issue is? It may be that your furnace needs repaired. But it could also be the size or quality of the ductwork, or the power level (sizing) of your furnace unit is incorrect, or that you have one that isn’t allowing air to circulate properly by generating consistent airflow.
- Utility bills. No one likes high utilities, and while some utility costs are inevitable, it can be important to keep yours as low as possible without sacrificing your comfort. We have high-efficiency furnaces and heat pumps to help with this, designed to minimize your system’s energy footprint while keeping you snug and comfortable.
Attractions in Worthington, OH
Some of the most interesting, unique, or simply the most fun things to do and see in Worthington, OH, as chosen by members of the Fire & Ice staff:
- Highbanks Metro Park. This is one of the largest parks in the area, and is great for hiking, biking, fishing, and other outdoor activities.
- Ohio Railway Museum. This isn’t the only rail museum in the US, but it’s one of the oldest and best. Founded in 1948, the Ohio Railway Museum is the fourth oldest railway museum in the United States. The museum offers trips in their own streetcars (or interurbans), and features many other displays and demonstrations chronicling the history of railways in America.
- Downtown Worthington. This quaint, eminently walkable neighborhood has numerous food & drink venues, shopping and other vendors. Nearby, you can also find various events, street faires, and the Worthington Farmers Market for fresh, local produce..
Fast, Reliable HVAC Repair and Service for Worthington, OH
Need a tune-up? We got you covered.
Need a repair? We got you covered.
Need an honest assessment of the pros and cons of repairing an older system vs. installing a brand new one? We can do that too.
The tougher conversations are the ones homeowners often don’t want to hear, and we understand that something has already gone wrong if one of our repair technicians needs to come out to your home.
We’ll listen to your questions and concerns, ask our own to uncover considerations we may not know about your situation, and help you to find the best solution.
RELATED: Why Do I Need a Furnace Tune-Up Every Year? Pros of HVAC Maintenance
Maintenance Plans and Tune-ups
As opposed to expensive repairs, maintenance and tune-ups are things every homeowner should look forward to, because they are what prevents the bigger issues from occurring.
Routine tune-ups for all of your major equipment ensure several things for your home:
- Safe operation of all heating and cooling units
- Peak efficiency, as though it were brand new
- Regular maintenance keeps your warranty from becoming invalid. If you’re within 10 years of a new system, you could be playing with fire when it comes to your warranty unless you’re scheduling yearly maintenance for all major HVAC equipment.
Think of it like car service. Would you go years without an oil change or tire rotation? Or if the pressure in a tire keeps going down, or your alignment is out of whack, do you ignore it until your car crashes?
Of course not. A responsible car owner proactively maintains their vehicle, because it will cost at least thousands to replace.
HVAC is the same way. Why gamble with a system that could cost you $5,000-$10,000 or more to replace, when a quick yearly tune-up will give you the longevity you deserve?
Maintenance plans from Fire & Ice can act as a reminder of this, with regularly scheduled tune-ups, extra perks and lowered costs by being a recurring member of our service family.
Educational HVAC Resources to Make the Best Decision for Your Home
Fire & Ice believes in empowering our customers to take charge of their home comfort. HVAC is complicated, and too many companies will only tell you as much as you need to know in order for them to sell you something.
We have one of the most comprehensive libraries of residential HVAC information anywhere on the internet. The Fire & Ice HVAC Learning Center has hundreds of in-depth articles and videos to cover every aspect of home heating and cooling.
And if there’s a topic we haven’t covered...let us know about it. Seriously, we’re here to help, and if there’s a question you have that we haven’t answered, we want to fix that.
Or you could view our Product Listings, which have comprehensive descriptions and comparisons for any budget or home.
Regardless, we want to make Worthington and the greater Columbus area the most informed HVAC market in the country, because we care about the quality of work that you receive!